College & Career
College and Career-Readiness Coach
Mrs. Marina Hatfield
Master of Arts in English, CSULA
Master of Library & Information Science, SJSU
College and Career-Readiness Links:
- A-G Graduation Requirements: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/2114
- College Board: https://www.collegeboard.org/
- KnowHow2Go: http://knowhow2go.acenet.edu/middle-and-high-school-students.html
- CaCareerZone: https://www.cacareerzone.org/
- Virtual College Campus Tours: https://www.campustours.com/
College and Career-Readiness Reminders:
- Wear your college shirt/sweater every Thursday! Increases college dialogue on campus.
- Read the college information on teachers' classroom "College Doors."
- Listen carefully to the "College & Career-Readiness Character Traits of the Week" during our morning announcements
- Join the "Mt. College & Career Readiness" Group on Schoology (Access Code: RFXGS-32RMQ) https://lms.lausd.net
- Check out our college & career bulletin board in the "Attendance Office." It displays colleges that our faculty attended!
- Check out nonfiction books from our MGMS School Library, Mon-Fri, 8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Visit the Sunland-Tujunga Public Library https://www.lapl.org/branches/sunland-tujunga
- Excel in your academic, athletics, character, and school involvement to qualify for "Students of the Month" Recognition - Nominations from teachers, counselors, coordinators, and administrators.
What does "College and Career-Ready" mean in middle school as defined by LAUSD?
Enjoy this Slideshow of MGMS College & Career Photo Collages!!!